The METRA (Medición eficiente de tráfico en redes avanzadas in Spanish) project, funded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation of the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness through the program INNPACTO 2011, is an experimental, multi-year development project (2011-2013) carried out in cooperation by the companies and entities: W-onesys, Tecsidel and optical communications of the Polytechnic University of Catalunya.
The objective of this project is to develop a system of monitoring and classification of traffic mass Internet, able to use real-time dimensions and applications carried by each data connection, with a high accuracy and very low computational cost thanks to a series of automatic learning algorithms to predict. Such a system will present as main characteristics the following:
- High precision. The classification of applications that the system is based on the use of algorithms of machine learning based on sampled information. The system is able to adapt to the characteristics of the traffic in an initial phase of training, with the possibility of later continuous trainings evaluating the accuracy.
- Very low computational cost. Given that the normal operation of the system requires no capture or inspection of the contents of the packages (Deep Packet Inspection DPI).
- High scalability. The system is capable of processing volumes of massive traffic in high-capacity links (> 10 Gb/s), given that it feeds sampled NetFlow flow at a configurable rate (1/100, 1/1000,...). On the other hand the sampling also reduces the required computational load on traffic routers.
- Real-time monitoring. With capacity to process traffic with frequencies up to 1 minute, allowing detection of anomalies and punctual network congestion situations applications.
- Distributed monitoring. The system is capable of processing information of NetFlow, flows generated at various points in the network.
- Low impact on network configuration. Since NetFlow technology is already deployed and is widely used in networks of operators and big companies, the impact on the Network Setup is minimal. Because it is a standard it is also independent of the network equipment maker.
- Confidentiality. The fact of working with NetFlow technology, and not using type DPI and of machine learning techniques means that it's not necessary to access the contents of the traffic, i.e., it is not necessary to process "user data" circulating on the network. With this, the system guarantees the confidentiality of the information, while respecting the principles of secrecy of correspondence
Once developed, the system is subjected to a test of concept by staying to do so at a point of massive exchange of real traffic provided by the Centre de Supercomputació de Catalunya.
Finally we will study the possibilities that the system might be exploitable commercially, since the information concerning the classification of traffic on the Internet is, due to its constant growth and evolution, of great interest for various types of customers such as operators of telecommunications, institutions that manage academic networks, large enterprises.
Author: Josep Francesc, Plensa
Edelvives Group is a publisher specialized in text books and literature for children and youth with a strong rooting in the Spanish market. It has 123 years of life, having been born from the network of schools of the religious Institute of the Hermanos Maristas. In the beginning it was limited to supply text books inspired by its educational principles to those schools. To date, they have seven publishers:
- Edelvives, specialized in Spanish books.
- Baula, Catalan books.
- Baula-Edelvives, Valencian books.
- Tambre, Galician books.
- Ibaizabal, Basque books.
- Alhucema, specialized in Spanish books, adapted to the Andalusian education system.
- 451 publishers, books for adults.
In addition, the company is linked to the NGO SED (Solidarity, Education and Development), which develops cooperation projects related to the education sector linked to the work of the Hermanos Maristas. "Until the 1980s, the work of Luis Vives was limited to its tradition of working for training centres linked to the order. However, the General Management had the vision that must compete with the rest of publishers specialized in text books and that had much to contribute in the world of children's and youth literature in Spanish. In this way, he started working with the modern distribution and large publishers distributors, which meant having to meet very demanding logistic conditions. That led to a redefinition of processes that explains the current operational management, which follows. As the corporate responsible for logistics of the enterprise, Víctor Botello Rivero, explains, the first big change was the radical transformation of the existing Logistics Department, responsible for the storage, distribution and internalization on the part of the work of printing that are not so far were externalized: "investing in media printing and manipulation was necessary before the growing demand of textbooks conformed by folders, modules, stickers, punched works, manipulative items, etc. which carry a logistic complexity that must be managed directly by the company to work in a flexible way towards the demands of internal and external customers and minimize costs".
Author: Ignacio Cruzado
At the base of any institution there is the methodical collection of principles shared by its members. Tecsidel is a company dedicated for profit to the industrial activity of the software development. The practice of engineering in computer science should continue such positive developments in terms of their results from a point of view of the triple constraint (scope, time, cost) and the quality perceived by customers or end users. In the last decade, the Department of closed projects dealt with a continuous improvement process leading to the formalization of their production processes in a model based on the agile principles and proving a repeatable according to CMMI level. It has been a challenge consisting of a profound process of change, which sheds very positive results reported by members of the organization who have promoted, supported and refined this change and approach. Annotated experience does not guarantee the same results in future experiences of adoption in other contexts.
The central theme of the Conference is the document management corresponds to solutions for e-Government.
We have participated in these workshops featuring some of the Tecsidel eAdmin suite solutions: electronic processing, document management and archive, electronic office, etc.
In addition, the City Council of Gavà was also participating, one of our success cases, where it was explained his experience in the implementation of electronic administration.
More information at: XIX JORNADAS DE ARCHIVOS MUNICIPALES DE MADRID